When: 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 18
Where: Richland County Emergency Services Operations Center, 1410 Laurens St., Columbia
Sign up: Via Eventbrite. Registration opens Sept. 27.
Staff with Richland County's Emergency Services Department will lead this multi-part information session to showcase the County’s daily responsibilities on the front lines of public safety.
This engaging event will highlight first responders, emergency services available in the County, and severe weather preparation, among other topics. Participants will learn how to develop a disaster plan, what to include in an emergency supply kit, and whom to call for medical assistance, among other points. Attendees can also tour the County's Emergency Operations Center and communications room.
Speakers will include:
- Michael Byrd (director, Emergency Services)
- Ken Aucoin (County meteorologist)
- Michael Kalec (Emergency Management)
- David Bagwell (communications)
- Sharon Long (Community Emergency Response Team)
- Broderick Fleming (fire prevention)
- Jessica Roberts (Emergency Medical Services)