The following are highlights from Richland County Government in June:
· Richland County Solid Waste & Recycling announced it will begin replacing or repairing damaged trash and recycling roll carts to ensure they’re in good condition for residents and haulers.
· Richland County Council adopted the first year of its FY17-19 biennium budget, approving an $885 million budget for FY17-18. Council will approve the FY18-19 budget in July.
· The American Heart Association presented Richland County EMS with the Mission: Lifeline EMS Gold Award for the third year in a row for the excellent care EMTs and paramedics provide to heart attack patients.
· Richland County Community Development received the John A. Sasso Award for its efforts to showcase the many resources provided to residents through Community Development Block Grants.
· Richland County’s Neighborhood Improvement Program (NIP) held a community block party to celebrate the various events and projects that were organized by neighborhood groups and funded in part by NIP grants.
· Richland County employees participated in an Employee Safety Week during which they attended classes about workplace safety, cyber security, defensive driving and first aid.
· Richland County Transportation Program staff participated in a Summer Transportation Institute that aimed to engage students in careers in the transportation industry.