Welcome to Finance
The Richland County Finance Office is responsible for maintaining the fiscal integrity of the County’s financial records. This office reports the results of the County’s operations and changes in its financial position to various interested parties such as state and federal grantors, regulatory agencies, and concerned taxpayers.
Functions and Responsibilities of this office include:
- Accounts Payable – Provide payment for invoices to county vendors.
- Fiscal Auditing – Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and other financial reports as required or requested by federal and state agencies, County Council, Administration, or financial markets.
- Budgeting – Create and Maintain the County’s Annual Budget.
- Payroll Processing – Process and maintain employee time records and issue employee payroll checks.
- Accounts Receivable – Collections and payment processing for Water, Sewer, landfill, Retiree Insurance, and Employee Parking.
For your payment and convenience, water and sewer usage fees, retiree insurance premiums , landfill tipping charges and monthly parking charges, can now be paid via credit card by clicking the online payment button found below. Please note that a portal fee of $1.00 plus 1.7% of the amount being paid will be added to your charge and your payment may not be reflected in your account for up to three business days.