We're here to serve you. The task of the Information Technology Department is to support the Richland County Government Departments. This includes writing business application and maintaining the county computer networks. If you have difficulty finding something or want to make a comment about the web site please visit the Contact Us page to send us your feedback.
The Mission of the Richland County Information Technology Department:
- Provide the technological vision and leadership to deploy the appropriate technology that will contribute towards an enriched community.
- Reinvent, re-engineer, and streamline local government wherever technology can contribute towards increased efficiencies, increased effectiveness, and reduced costs.
- Provide timely, efficient, effective, and proactive technology support to the employees of Richland County.
The Information Technology Department Knows that security on the web is a major concern. We have complied some helpful link to show you about security and how to browse in a secure and safe environment.
Identity Theft Protection
The Information Technology Department uses several tools to help protect your identity when you use our online applications. We have compiled other links that tell you more about Identity Theft Protection
The scope of services available from the Information Technology Department:
- Application Software Support (implement and support vendor packages)
- Bar Coding
- Business process reengineering
- Cabling - telephone and data
- Client Server systems
- Day-to-day computer operations for mainframes, midranges, and client servers
- Email, both internal and external (Internet)
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Help Desk
- Imaging systems (document imaging)
- Kiosks to enhance communications with public
- LANs - design, implement, manage, and support a Local Area Network
- Mainframe computers, midrange computers, and their corresponding peripherals
- Mobile Data Computers in police cars or ambulances
- Multimedia (PowerPoint) presentations
- PCs and peripherals - diagnostics and repair
- Planning - long range technology planning
- Programming - custom
- Technical writing and documentation
- Technology procurement
- Telephone systems - manage and repair
- Training Program - Desktop Computer Skills
- WAN - design, implement, manage, and support a Wide Area Network
- Web Site design and hosting
- Wiring closets - manage closets, routers, hubs, switches, controllers, etc.
- Write Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Information, and Requests for Bids