Who We Are
Richland County Department of Government and Community Services (GCS) serves as a proactive outreach arm of the county. GCS focuses on facilitating improved community outreach, administration of government services and the resolution of constituent concerns.
Richland County GCS engages and involves the public in policies and practices that directly impact communities, measures the impacts of County efforts through evaluative methods, and by working with County Departments including Planning, Ombudsman, Community Development, and Transportation. GCS effectively works communicates accurate and essential information to all constituent groups and more importantly Richland County Administration and County council to assist in making more informed policy decisions.
Richland County GCS serves as a conduit between Richland County Government and its customers, citizens, and partners. It provides assistance for satisfying unresolved issues and works continuously to improve public involvement in the civic process. GCS takes a citizen-centered approach to improving government services.
Government and Community Service Pillars
What We Do
The Richland County Department of Government and Community Services County serves as an education and awareness hub and facilitates the resolution of citizens’ concerns by bridging the gap between County departments and citizen needs.
GCS partners with businesses, communities, non-profit organizations and agencies to build relationships, promote communication, and improve government services. GCS takes a citizen-centered approach to improving County services in the following ways:
• Education – GCS works to educate its constituent groups within the County. GCS provides essential education to citizen groups proactively or upon request. Educational services include: site visits, presentations, small group meetings, phone conversations, email correspondence, and printed documents.
• Awareness – GCS works to increase citizen awareness of County policies and practices to assist with increasing public engagement and input in the civic engagement process.
• Citizen Advocacy – GCS serves as an advocate for all constituent groups. GCS advocates for the concerns of residents in the County while working to resolve community issues and facilitate improved community outreach.
• Evaluation – GCS assists in measuring the performance of County programs and initiatives through surveys, community conversations, listening sessions, and webinar/training opportunities.
• Data and Research - GCS maintains databases that include churches, nonprofits, HOAs & Neighborhoods, and schools.
• Effective Communication – GCS works with County Departments and external citizen groups ensure the flow of accurate and essential information to all groups regarding County initiatives.
Who We Serve
GCS serves a number of constituent stakeholder groups including the following:
• Elected Officials and Municipalities
• Homeowners Associations and Community Organizations
• Business Community
• Institutions of Higher Education
• Other County Groups (Non-Profit Organizations, K-12 Schools, Millage and Ordinance Agencies, etc.)
Bryant Davis, Assistant Director of Government and Community Services (Contact)
Kimberly Humphrey, Government and Community Services Relations Associate (Contact)
Please contact us with questions or comments.