Description: The Richland Soil and Water Conservation District (RSWCD) is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and conservation-minded individual to fill the role of Community Outreach Intern working 15-20 hours/week from September 1, 2022 through May 1, 2023.
Location: Richland County Administration Building at 2020 Hampton St., Room 3063A, Columbia, SC 29204 with frequent offsite duties.
- Managing the Richland County Seed Sanctuary program
- Coordinating RSWCD volunteer programs and opportunities
- Coordinating and providing logistical support for conservation events
- Developing press releases, website content, graphics, annual reports, and other informational/educational materials
- Managing and creating content for RSWCD’s social media presence
- Documenting programs through photos, videos, and/or newsletter articles
- Participating in relevant trainings and professional development opportunities
Required Qualifications: Interest in conservation, natural resources, and/or environmental education; excellent communication skills; background in environmental sciences, natural resources management, education, public relations, graphic design, project management, and/or related fields; stable transportation; available for occasional evening/weekend hours
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, including experience interacting and working with diverse communities, neighborhoods, and populations; current undergraduate or graduate student, or equivalent work experience
Compensation: $12/hour for up to 20 hours a week. Work-related travel will be reimbursed.
To Apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59pm on August 14, 2022.